LATE 2 Hour CE Mortgage Education – Oregon
This Course Includes:
- Late CE – 2 Hour Online OR SAFE CE – Oregon Law – Key Topics (6086) (6578) – E
This 2-hour course covers Oregon law and regulations pertaining to mortgage lending, loan servicing and loan brokering, in addition to rules regarding high-cost home loans. The following laws will be covered in the course:
• The Oregon Mortgage Lending Law and Oregon SAFE Act (ORS Chapter 86A)
• OAR Chapter 441, Divisions 850 through 885
• Oregon Mortgage; Trust Deeds (ORS Chapter 86)
• Oregon Mortgage Fraud Prevention Act (ORS 646A.700 – 646A.765)
• Oregon Identity Theft Protection Act (ORS 646A.600 – 646.628)
(ORS 646A.600 – 646A.760)
(ORS 646.010 – 646.628)
• Interest; Repayment Restrictions (ORS Chapter 82)
• Unlawful Trade Practices Act (ORS 646.605)
• Oregon Real Estate Law (licensing) (ORS 696.010 to ORS 696.020)
The course is divided into five sections:
Section 1: Overview and Definitions. Outlines the purpose and authority of each law and sets forth definitions used throughout both laws.
Section 2: License Maintenance. Covers the Oregon Mortgage Lending Law, Oregon SAFE Act and Oregon Real Estate Law regarding requirements for renewing and maintaining licenses.
Section 3: Acts and Practices. Covers permissible and prohibited acts and practices with respect to lending and broker activity and usury statutes and guidelines for Clients’ Trust Accounts.
Section 4: Compliance and Consumer Protection. Covers permissible and prohibited fees and charges, disclosures and agreements, advertising and consumer protection requirements.
Section 5: Disciplinary Action. Covers notifications and investigations actions, suspension / revocation of licenses, penalties and fines, and civil and criminal liabilities.
Upon successful completion of this course you will have a strong understanding of the laws and regulations specific to mortgage loan originators and lenders in the state of Oregon.