This Course Includes:
- Late CE – 1 Hour Online WA SAFE CE – Washington Law – Key Topics (2870) (6581) – E
This course covers Washington Compliance Law pertaining to Mortgage Loan Originators. During this 1-hour pre-licensing course we will detail prohibited conduct and practices, required conduct, fees and charges, disclosures and agreements, and advertising:
We will cover several laws and regulations including:
RCW 19.146– Mortgage Broker Practices Act
o WAC 208-660 – Mortgage Broker Practices Act Rules
RCW 19.144 – Mortgage Lending and Homeownership Laws
o WAC 208-600 – Mortgage Lending and Homeownership Rules
RCW 31.04 – Consumer Loan Act
o WAC 208-620 – Consumer Loan Act Rules
This 1 hour course satisfies the state-specific continuing education requirement for Washington licensed Mortgage Loan Originators (MLOs). During this course, we will provide an overview of the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions, as well as the various guidelines and restrictions governing the licensing and mortgage laws.
This course is divided into four sections:
1. State Regulatory Agency and State Law Summaries: Covers details about the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions and its structure, the Washington-specific laws that govern the mortgage industry, a brief description of those laws.
2. License Maintenance: Includes information about the various guidelines mortgage professionals must abide by, such as continuing education requirements, careful recordkeeping, and knowledge of expiration dates.
3. License Law Violations: Reviews the violations of licensing laws, as well as the possible penalties for each respective violation.
4. Other Violations: Covers mortgage industry violations not related to licensing laws, such as violations of the Consumer Loan Act and violations of Mortgage Lending and Homeownership Law.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will have a basic understanding of the licensing requirements within Washington, as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions and the disciplinary actions taken in the event of license violations.
Upon successful completion of this course you will have a strong understanding of the compliance laws and regulations specific to mortgage loan originators and lenders in the state of Washington.