This Course Includes:
- OIL – 3 Hour Online SC SAFE PE – South Carolina State Law (7282)
This 3-hour course covers South Carolina law and regulations relevant to Mortgage Loan Originators (MLOs) and is structured to reflect the outline of the South Carolina Notice regarding South Carolina State-Specific Pre-Licensure Requirements. This course covers South Carolina Mortgage law that must be met as a condition for obtaining a MLO license with in South Carolina.
All information is from the SC Code of Laws which can be viewed here.
This course covers the following South Carolina Laws and regulations.
SC Code Title 1, Chapter 23
SC Consumer Protection Code, Title 37
SC Code Title 40
Regulation 15-64 – Article 4 – Mortgage Lending Act Regulations
The course is divided into three sections:
• General Provisions of the Department’s and the Board’s Structure and Supervision
• Licensing and Operation of Mortgage Brokers
• Licensing and Operation of Mortgage Lenders
• Surety Bond Requirements
• Escrow Accounts
• Disclosures and Advertising
• Disciplinary Actions
• Prohibited Acts and Penalties
• South Carolina High Cost and Consumer Home Loan Act Review
• Additional Resources
Upon successful completion of this course you will have a strong understanding of the laws and regulations specific to mortgage loan originators and lenders in the state of South Carolina.