This Course Includes:
- OIL – 2 Hour Online MT SAFE PE – Montana State Law (5097)
The course covers Montana Mortgage law and satisfies the 2 hour state-specific pre-licensure education requirement for Montana. We will discuss the Montana Mortgage Act and the Montana Mortgage Broker and Loan Originator Licensing Rules.
Online Instructor Led (“OIL”). This education is delivered in the Online Instructor Led format as required by the NMLS for online Pre-Licensure (“PE”) education. It is available on our website through any internet connection.
Important NMLS specifications include:
• Defined start and end dates (See Course Calendar at top of page).
• Interaction with the instructor and students through forum activities
• Progression as a cohort. At times you will wait for instructor feedback before continuing.
(Note: This is not an “Self-Study” course and does not allow for study at any pace or without instructor/classmate interaction)
The topics included in this course are:
- Regulatory Authority and Definitions. Reviews department’s authority, structure, responsibilities and common definitions.
- Licensing, Renewal and Maintenance. Outlines who must be licensed, qualifications and application process and license renewal.
- Compliance. Gives an overview of required conduct and prohibited acts.
Disciplinary Action. Reviews investigations, suspension and revocation of licenses and penalties and fines.
Understand general terminology regarding residential mortgage loans.
Know the requirements for both initial licensing and continued licensure.
Understand prohibited acts and the corresponding disciplinary actions for violations.