2 Hour PE Mortgage Education – California
Continuing Education Courses for California
This Course Includes:
- OIL – 2 Hour Online CA-DBO SAFE PE – California State Law (5157)
This 2-hour course covers California Law relevant to Mortgage Loan Originators (MLOs) and meets the education requirements as laid out by the California Department of Business Oversight (CA-DBO)
Online Instructor Led (“OIL”). This education is delivered in the Online Instructor Led format as required by the NMLS for online Pre-Licensure (“PE”) education. It is available on our website through any internet connection.
Important NMLS specifications include:
- Defined start and end dates (See Course Calendar at top of page).
- Interaction with the instructor and students through forum activities
- Progression as a cohort. At times you will wait for instructor feedback before continuing.
(Note: This is not an “Self-Study” course and does not allow for study at any pace or without instructor/classmate interaction)
Our Unique Modular Lesson Plan. We offer a unique experience by breaking our course down into modules of 2 and 5 hours, each of which can be started at any of defined start times in the course calendar. A couple of example study plans may be:
- Example A: A person new to the industry decides to progress in the recommended order over a two week period.
- Example B: An industry veteran finishes all 20 hours in three days, taking the federal law courses first.
Laws covered in this course include:
- California Finance Lenders Law (22000 – 22780) under Financial Code – FIN; Division 9:
- The California Finance Lenders law defines what constitutes being a residential mortgage loan originator (RMLO) and details licensing requirements and renewal requirements
- California Finance Lenders Law under California Code of Regulations:
- CA-DBO California Residential Mortgage Lending Act (50000 -50706) under Financial Code –FIN; Division 20:
Upon successful completion of this course you will demonstrate an understanding of the laws and regulations specific to mortgage loan originators and lenders in the state of California. Specifically, RMLOs will understand key laws governing obtaining and maintaining a Mortgage Loan Originator License by passing a final exam and completing a complex case study.